Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE) -
PHYSICAL TREMORS AS A NATURAL WAY TO SELF REGULATE AFTER STRESS AND TRAUMA
Trauma & Tension Releasing Exercises (TRE) by Dr. David Berceli
If you are suffering from the effects of stress or trauma, or if you suspect that something bad has happened to you, working with the body is the means of choice. Both stress and trauma are caused by events that feel stressful, threatening or overwhelming. This leads to an immense amount of inner tension and can cause a variety of physical symptoms (see below).
On a workshop togeether with Dr. David Berceli, the creator of TRE
Through a series of physical exercises, Trauma & Tension Releasing Exercises (TRE) induce slight involuntary tremors within the deep muscles of the body. This can help to progressively reduce inner tensions and over-excitement, so that both the body and the mind can relax again. Often times, talking through the underlying issues isn’t necessary.
Typical symptoms that can be caused by trauma or chronic stress, are:
- hyper-arousal, minor events can lead to emotional outbursts
- digestive problems such as diarrhea, upset stomach etc.
- palpitations, feelings of constriction
- little contact with your emotions, you’re anxiously avoiding feeling
- anxiety or panic, avoiding certain situations because they could trigger fear
- problems to focus on important tasks
- memory problems, difficulties to remember certain life events or stages of your life
- nightmares or intruding memories that recall a stressful experience
If you recognize one or several of these symptoms, TRE might help to get back into balance. Please feel free to contact me to make an appointment!